Giving with a purpose
Christmas is a time for giving; a time when, no matter how bad things were throughout the year, everyone looks forward to spending time with loved ones and sharing. The pockets might feel a lot thinner this year as the money allocated for gifts is even less than last year; but whether you were naughty or nice, someone is bound to make an effort to show you just how very special you are.
And don't forget that even the most cynical among us secretly hopes that Santa will leave something under their tree.
So, we did our homework and after consultation with a number of stores, we found a number of popular gifts that will not break the bank or your burst your budget. From the pages of this Shopper's Guide, we hope you will be able to make your loved ones very happy - and who knows, even save some of those hard-earned dollars.
We hope that even the most discerning shopper will be happy with the variety available - from chic, flirty, intimate to gift of a more general nature, there is something to suit every individual's needs. Choosing a gift for her: whether she's that special person, or she's your mother, daughter, sister, best friend or a special relative, the stores have it all... from jewellery to perfume - there an idea within this package to satisfy your taste and pocket.
Conversely for that special man in your life, you will find a gadget, his favourite cologne or something that matches his taste.
How to buy on a budget
Of course the trick is know as much as you can about the persons on your list.
1. Make a list of everyone you have to buy for and the budget you intend to spend on each person.
2. Have a rough idea of what you want to buy each person before starting out. These days it is wise to ask the person to give you a list of three items on his wish list.
3. Browse around; take time to make up your mind.
4. Make sure that the items that you choose will interest the person and that you will not be wasting your money.
5. Look for deals and savings.
6. Go to a mall or shopping centre that has a variety of stores, that way you save on gas, time and having to find adequate parking.
7. Wrap it up! Make sure it is beautifully wrapped with a lot of love