Court orders JFF to lift ban on Jermaine Hue
Barbara Gayle, Justice Coordinator
The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) today lifted the ban it had imposed on 36-year-old national footballer Jermaine Hue.
This was in accordance with consent order made in the Supreme Court on January 15 in which Hue agreed to withdraw the two court cases he brought against the JFF after the ban has been lifted.
The JFF also agreed not to institute any further disciplinary action against Hue.
By the consent order Hue appeared before the JFF's disciplinary committe this morning when the ban was lifted.
However, the issue regarding liability for the administering of the prohibited substance by the JFF's team doctor will be referred to arbitration.
Hue had brought a multimillion-dollar lawsuit in the Supreme Court last year following a ban imposed on him.
He was first suspended in 2013 after he had tested positive for the banned drug, dexamethesone.
The JFF had issued a statement in December last year that Hue's suspension remained in effect until he faced the JFF's disciplinary committee.
The JFF said Hue had failed to attend a meeting to which he was summoned.
Hue had sued the JFF and Dr Carlton Fraser for breach of contract and battery.
He claimed he was feeling pain and fatigue and Dr Fraser injected him with the substance.
In response to the suit, the JFF said it was not liable.
The JFF had also given Hue 48 hours in October to withdraw the suit, but he did not comply.
Hue had sued contending he suffered severe financial losses because he could not work because of the ban.
PICTURE THIS: Beautiful Hope Gardens