Bruce Golding to take Tivoli Enquiry stand today
Former Prime Minister, Bruce Golding, is expected to take the stand this morning when the West Kingston Commission of Enquiry resumes.
The Enquiry which started on December 1, was on a seven-week break for the holiday season.
Secretary to the Commission Maria Jones says Golding will be the first witness questioned.
Golding’s political career was derailed by events surrounding the May 2010.
He will be followed by his former Cabinet colleagues Dwight Nelson, the national security minister at the time, and Dorothy Lightbourne, the then attorney general.
Retired army chief Stewart Saunders and retired police commissioner Owen Ellington are slated to face the commissioners after the members of the political directorate.
The secretary to the commission says the enquiry will call witnesses in a chronological order relating to how the events of May 2010 unfolded starting with the former prime minister, going back to the residents.
She says over the next two weeks a total of 16 witnesses are scheduled to testify.
The enquiry is chaired by Sir David Simmons and has two co-commissioners, retired high court judge Hazel Harris and university criminology professor, Anthony Harriott.
While the enquiry was on the break, it was revealed that it is costing more than $300 million.
The Opposition has since called for proceedings to be suspended, but the Government says this will not happen.
Last year's proceedings were marked by testimonies from 25 witnesses, most of them residents of West Kingston.
Most gave detailed accounts of how their loved ones were allegedly killed by the security forces and how their properties were destroyed.
However, as the enquiry resumes, focus will be placed on the chain of command that authorised the operation aimed that capturing then crime lord Christopher ‘Dudus’ Coke.
WATCH: JAMAICA NOW