Thu | May 25, 2017

Reward for Riverton fire information increased to $300,000

Published:Thursday | April 23, 2015 | 4:17 AM

The government has significantly increased the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for last month’s fire at the Riverton disposal site.

Local Government Minister, Noel Arscott, says the reward is now $300,000 up from $50,000.

The increase in the reward follows indications from Crime Stop that no one had come forward since the offer was made last month.

The fire at Riverton, which lasted for about two weeks, forced the closure of some schools and businesses and caused more than 800 people to seek medicinal attention.

Meanwhile, the local government minister said his ministry, through the National Solid Waste Management Authority, continues to take steps to better manage the Riverton site since last month's fire.

 

Local Government Minister Noel Arscott