St Thomas Spelling Bee champion: 'I knew I could do it..."
Morant Bay, St Thomas:
Name: Lando Fullerton
School: Morant Bay Primary
Coach: Ava Ramsay (teacher)
Charmaine Howell (mother)
Winning word: Morgue
1. Lando Fullerton, Morant Bay Primary
2. Ajaydah Bonfield, Port Morant Primary and Junior High
3. Chamoya Smith, Whitehall Primary
4. Jaheim Brissett, Golden Grove Primary
5. Alicia-Kaye Seranash, Golden Grove Primary
Quote: "I feel happy. I knew that I could do it, so I worked hard, and cut down on the playing and studied two hours a day. It was hard, but I still did it because I knew I could do it." (Lando Fullerton)
"I am so elated! I was nervous, but I am so happy that he (Lando) won today. I have been coming for years. We've been in the top 10, but today, our hard work has paid off." (Ava Ramsay, teacher)
* The teacher has been entering Morant Bay Primary in the Bee for seven years. Her students have always placed in the top 10; this is her first win.