I was crying tears of joy - Michaela
Name: Michaela Harvey
School: Hanover Prep
Coach: Caroline Wiggan
Winning word: Pantomime
1. Michaela Harvey, Hanover Prep
2. Kathey Aung, Rusea's High
3. Jemoy Jarrett, Bethel Primary and Junior High
4. Mickelia Stewart, Claremont All-Age
5. Dujon Kirkaldi, Claremont All-Age
Quote: "I feel really happy; that's why I was crying tears of joy. I wanted to win so many other times. I entered last year and I didn't get to win; I came in eighth."
Michaela's coach, Caroline Wiggan, about winning: "I was always confident because Michaela is a humble and confident student. She's also dedicated and our school's motto is Philippians 4 verse 13 - we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us - so we live by that each day and the sky is the limit and that is always or aim."
Preparing for parish finals: "We have started since last year. We have a spelling bee club held every Friday and students from grade one to six are a part of the club and we recruit from the club. We had our own spelldown the first Tuesday we reopened school and Michaela and Kyle were champion boy and girl for the school."
* Michaela finished eighth last year when Jemoy Jarrett defended the parish title.