Engaging entrepreneurs, unearthing opportunities
Gary Peart, the chief executive officer of Maryberry Investments, will be one of the panelists at a March 8 panel discussion at the third venture capital conference at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston.
The topic of the discussion is 'Creating Deal Flow...Investors' viewpoints on engaging entrepreneurs and unearthing opportunities in the local and regional markets'.
The event will be moderated by Lisa Bell, the managing director, Export - Import Bank of Jamaica Limited. Peart will be joined by Nelson Gray, Angel Investor; LINC, Scotland; Lisa Lake, CEO, Branson Centre; and Steven Gooden, chief executive officer, NCB Capital Markets.
According to the organisers, an outcome of this panel is to provide conference attendees with an understanding of how deals are sourced, and the investment process to conclude a venture capital/ private equity deal.
The topics that will be covered in the conference include:
* Does Jamaica have the unique high growth potential businesses that venture capitalists are looking for?
* Is there adequate deal flow locally; and where are they?
* What is the value potential of these businesses?
* Do non-traditional businesses stand a chance for investment?
* How are these high potential businesses identified?
* How are the deals sourced? Do they come to the funders or is there a continuous search for deal flow?
This panel discussion is one of several to take place at the March 7-8 conference.