American man on money laundering charges for court Wednesday
Thirty-five-year-old Dalton Forrester, an American man charged with several money laundering offences, is to appear in the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.
Forrester, who is from Brooklyn, New York was charged by detectives from the Counter Terrorism and Organised Crime Investigation Branch.
The police say on arrival from New York at the Sangster Airport on Saturday April 9, Forrester's luggage was being searched when US$101, 378.00 was found concealed in it as well as on his person.
Forrester was reportedly unable to satisfactory account for the cash and after being interviewed in the presence of his lawyer was charged with the following offences:
1) Cross border movements of funds
2) Concealment of criminal property
3) Bringing into Jamaica criminal property
4) Possession of criminal property
5) Conspiracy to possess criminal property