Sat | Sep 23, 2017

Suspect in Manchester businessman's murder to face ID parade today

Published:Friday | April 29, 2016 | 4:26 AM

The suspect held in connection with the killing of popular Manchester businessman Trevor Meikle is to face identification parades today.

His attorney, Peter Champagnie, says he will face three separate ID parades.

Meanwhile, The Gleaner/Power 106 News Centre has learnt that the suspect was questioned by police yesterday.

It’s understood he insisted he was not involved in the murder throughout the interrogation.

The 76-year-old businessman was shot and killed on the night of April 17 in an attack in the Ingleside community.

His wife and daughter were also robbed, but they were not hurt in the attack.

Head of the Manchester Police, Superintendent Vendolyn Cameron Powell told our news centre last week that the police were looking at four possible suspects.

However, only one suspect has been held so far.