Police reporting calm since increased security operations in Kingston western
Shanna Monteith, Gleaner Writer
The police are hailing as very effective, the increased presence of the joint security forces in areas of Kingston Western following a recent violent fare up.
Speaking with The Gleaner/ Power 106 News Centre this morning, head of the Kingston Western Police Division, Superintendent Howard Chambers, said there has been no reported violence in the area since the start of the operations last Thursday.
Chambers said although there is still tension in the community, residents have been cooperating with security officials.
The senior policeman also said the operations will continue until certain persons of interests are taken in for questioning.
The police have been battling an ongoing gang violence over turf between persons from Denham Town and Tivoli Gardens which has resulted in shootings incidents that left three people dead and several others injured.
Meanwhile, Chambers says two more suspects have been taken into custody in connection to the shooting deaths of three people on Lincoln Crescent last Tuesday.
Last week one person was taken in for questioning after the police received statements in relation to the shootings.
Chambers said the police are using the information received to detain others who may be involved.
He also said the police are still working on releasing a list of persons of interest.