Seven escapees from Denham Town lock-up still on the run; two recaptured
Two of the nine escapees from the Denham Town police lock-up a week ago have now been recaptured.
The police recaptured the second escapee, 23-year-old Stephen Burke, who is charged with affray, malicious destruction of property and assaulting the police, yesterday.
Burke, who is from Spanish Town, St Catherine, was captured in Caymanas Park.
Last week police captured 19-year-old Oshane Morgan, who is facing illegal firearm and robbery charges.
Seven men are still on the run. They are:
• Twenty-three-old Theodore Lawrence, otherwise called ‘Theo’, of Baugh Path, Tivoli Gardens, Kingston 14, who is charged with murder
Kevin Thomas, 26, also known as ‘Tatan’ of McKenzie Drive, Tivoli Gardens, who is charged for wounding with intent and shooting with intent
• Twenty-two-year-old Richard Richardson, also called ‘Ritchie’ of Golden Heights, Denham Town, who is charged for shooting with intent
• Alex Bailey, 23 of Majesty Gardens, Kingston 11, charged for murder and illegal possession of firearm
• Thirty-year-old Ian McBean, otherwise called ‘Pipe’ of Cling Cling Avenue, Kingston 11, charged for murder
• Thirty-three year-old Donovan Allen, otherwise known as ‘Bitter’ of Johns Road, Spanish Town, St Catherine, who is charged for robbery with aggravation
• George Ballentine, 19, of Bedwood Gardens, Kingston 7, who has been charged for murder and illegal possession of firearm
The police are urging the men to turn themselves in.
They're asking anyone with information that can lead to the capture of the men to contact the Denham Town police at 984-6443, Police 119 emergency number, Crime Stop at 311, 811 or the nearest police station.
They're also reminding family members of the men that it is an offence to harbour criminals.