Fri | Mar 23, 2018

Reputed gangster's mother fed up with alleged police harassment

Published:Wednesday | October 26, 2016 | 1:01 PM
Tesha Miller

Sharon James, the mother of reputed Clansman Gang leader Tesha Miller says she is now considering legal action against the police who have been constantly harassing her in search of Miller.

James, who is the caregiver for several children, says the frequent visits by the police since Miller's deportation from the United States in March this year has been traumatic.


Sharon James, Tesha Miller's mother

James is also demanding the return of her vehicle and that of another son, now living in the United States she said were seized by the police since March this year.


Sharon James, Tesha Miller's mother

James says she is now considering counselling for the children.

This morning we were not able to reach the head of the St Catherine North Police, Senior Superintendent Anthony Powell for a comment on the matter.

However, Communications officer at the Jamaica Constabulary Force Superintendent Stephanie Lindsay said the police have been making visits to locate Miller as the investigators have an interest in him.

But she says she is unable to speak to the frequency of the visits.

She reiterated that Miller remains a person of interest and the police are making efforts to find him.

Meanwhile, attorney-at-law Bert Samuels says Miller is living in fear because of the potential for trumped up charges against him.

He says the police have linked Miller to some 70 murders, but his client says he knows nothing about them.

Samuels also says Miller has a civil suit against the attorney general and the police for false imprisonment, malicious prosecution and breaches of his constitutional rights set for November 7 to 9.

However, Samuels says he is uncertain whether Miller will up for court because of his fear against trumped up charges against him.

The civil suit stems from a robbery charge brought against Miller in 2010.

In 2011, he was convicted and sentenced, but in April 2013, he was freed by the Court of Appeal because, at the time, he was said to have been conducting the robbery, Miller was actually at a police station reporting in connection with another crime for which he was charged.

This morning, Miller's mother said the police should change their strategy if they want her son to surrender.


The Gleaner's Damion Mitchell speaks with Sharon James, Tesha Miller's mother