Fire destroys Georgian building housing restaurant in Falmouth
Fire this morning destroyed the 45-year-old Hosang Restaurant and a nearby building on Market Street in Falmouth, Trelawny.
Persons who were nearby at around 5 a.m. say they heard explosions after which a fire was seen.
The nearby fire brigade was quick on the scene but the blaze spread rapidly through the building as the old Georgian pine and shingles acted as catalyst for the flame.
Nothing was saved.
The restaurant building also housed a cellular phone repair establishment where all the contents were destroyed.
The restaurant was not insured.