NWA resuming 'junction boxes' initiative in Corporate Area ... list of intersections to be affected
The National Works Agency (NWA) says it is aiming to reduce congestion at several intersections in the Corporate Area, leading up to the Christmas season.
The NWA says it will be resuming its 'junction boxes' initiative at several intersections.
The intersections to be affected are:
• Constant Spring Road/Suthermere Road;
• Trafalgar Road/Hope Road;
• Half-Way Tree/Oxford Road;
• Maxfield Avenue/Hagley Park Road;
• Hope Road/Lady Musgrave Road;
• Molynes Road/Washington Boulevard;
• Constant Spring Road/Oliver Road;
• Constant Spring Road/South Avenue;
• Eastwood Park Road/Red Hills Road;
• Half Way Tree Road/Hope Road; and
• Knutsford Boulevard/Oxford Road
The NWA says the painting of the 'junction boxes' began yesterday and should be completed by Tuesday.
The junction boxes will be painted in yellow on the road surfaces at major intersections.
Motorists are being advised that they should stop when the traffic signals are showing yellow or red and must not proceed beyond the yellow line until the signals are showing green.
Shaw is reminding motorists that no vehicle should remain stationary within the junction box, except for those vehicles waiting to turn right at an intersection.
Failure to obey the markings can result in persons being prosecuted by the police.