Thu | Jul 19, 2018

Energy Ministry takes over net billing licensing application process from OUR

Published:Friday | December 30, 2016 | 11:43 AM
Energy Minister Andrew Wheatley must grant a license people wishing to sell electricity to the grid.

The Energy Ministry has taken over the licensing application process for people who want to sell electricity to the Jamaica Public Service.

The Office of Utilities Regulation had been responsible for accepting applications for net-billing, electric power wheeling and auxiliary connections.

But the ministry says as of January 1, it will take over the application process.

People wishing to sell electricity to the grid are required to obtain a licence from the Energy Minister.

A non-refundable processing fee will be required from all applicants, with successful applicants also paying a licensing fee.