TOP 16 of 2016 – Online readers serve up a mixed bag in most viewed stories last year
In a year when the Jamaica Labour Party was voted in to take control of the affairs of the State and romped to victory in the local government elections, under-pressure People's National Party President Portia Simpson Miller and Police Commissioner Dr Carl Williams announced their intentions to quit, and the crime monster continued to stalk the land, Gleaner Online readers made some unlikely stories their most viewed.
The Gleaner's 16 stories with the most views for 2016 included some that you might have forgotten and a few that will be prominent when the country's history of the just-ended year is written.
1. Bahamas issues travel advisory to citizens travelling to US, young males asked to exercise extreme caution
2. St George's College football captain collapses, dies during match
3. Hurricane Matthew now moving northward slightly away from Jamaica
4. Manchester woman commits suicide four days before wedding
5. Rio Olympics: Schedule for Jamaican athletes #RioGoldRush
6. New Year Prophecies - The prophetic word of the Lord for 2016 onward (Part 1)
7. Jamaica Gleaner Gallery - Carnival Road March 2016
8. Godly or demonic? - Colourful tale of a Revivalist bishop
9. Bolt tells CNN: Gatlin spat across my lane
10. Usain Bolt beating classism and racism in Jamaica
11. Seized! Court places clamp on $400m in property traced to J'can couple jailed in the US
12. PNP's Winston Green regains St Mary South Eastern by nine votes following official count
13. Lasco fires employee who made controversial tweet about Omar McLeod
14 Why did Shelly leave?
15 Massive gun find - Police seize huge Haiti arms shipment destined for Jamaica
16. Mandeville doctor killed in crash, 10 others injured