High-level team for stock exchange conference
An experienced and high-profile team of speakers have been confirmed for the Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) conference set for The Jamaica Pegasus hotel in New Kingston next week. Under the theme 'Global Investment Horizon: Our Options and Future', the conference will run from January 24 to 26, and will see local, regional and international participants.
Among the speakers are:
- Minister of Tourism Edmond Bartlett, who has been recognised for his wide-ranging expertise and accomplishments in various sectors. He was first appointed minister of tourism in 2007, serving until December 2011. Prior to this appointment, he already had a solid track record of service as an outstanding legislator in central government in both Chambers of Parliament.
- Dr Isaac Newton, who is the president of Paramount Communications Inc, based in the New York, United State. He is an international leadership consultant and change management expert. He specialises in government and business relations. Newton helps high-profile leaders expand their profit margins and restructure their organisations for the better.
- Joan Briggs is the executive director of The Fink Family Foundation. She has worked across all Fink start-up entities, including Mission Point Capital Partners, Mission Point Partners and Millstone Farm, providing early research and relationship development for their impact investing structure and pilot projects. Prior to joining the Finks, Briggs worked at Green Order, a sustainability consultancy firm.
- Robert Stephens is the deputy general manager of subsidiary management and revenue generation at the Urban Development Corporation and has over 30 years' senior management, project development and consulting experience in Jamaica, Jordan, Ghana, Nigeria and the Caribbean. He is the conceptualiser of the Port Royal Heritage Tourism Development Project; chairman of the Jamaica Protected Areas Trust; a director of Port Royal Development Company, St Ann Development Company, Runaway Bay Water Company, Ocho Rios Commercial Centre and Ciboney Group Ltd.
- Dr Janice Simmonds-Fisher is a medical doctor trained at the University of the West Indies, Mona. She has been examining biologic repair with enhanced nutrition and stem cells for the past four years. She is the clinical director of Bio-Regeneration Integrated Medical Centre, where regenerative therapies such as stem cells, growth factors, and extra cellular scaffolds are utilised in therapies to assist healing and pain control.