Traffic changes for ceremonial opening Of Parliament
The police have announced some temporary road changes ahead of the ceremonial opening of Parliament set for Thursday.
The changes will affect traffic heading onto Duke Street in Kingston.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 8 a.m., until the conclusion of the ceremony:
No vehicular traffic will be allowed on Duke Street between Sutton Street and North Street.
No vehicular traffic will be allowed on Charles Street between Hanover Street and King Street.
No vehicular traffic will be allowed on Beeston Street between King Street and Hanover Street.
* Mark Lane
Mark Lane will be operated as a One Way, south to north, between Beeston Street and Charles Street.
J.U.T.C. buses which normally travel along Duke Street from East Queen Street to Heroes Circle will be diverted as follows:
• West along East Queen Street to East Parade, South Parade, West Parade, North Parade
• North along Church Street; east along North Street; north along Central Avenue
• North along East Heroes Circle back onto the original route.
Vehicles with Stickers (red /blue) will be allowed to park at the following venues.
i) Gordon House Parking Lot
ii) Jamaica Manufactures Association’s Parking Lot – Duke Street
iii) P.A. Benjamin Parking Lot – Corner Charles Street and Duke Street.
No parking will be allowed on the following streets from 7:00 a.m., until conclusion of the ceremony:
• South Heroes Circle - between East and West Heroes Circle
• Duke Street - between Manchester Square and East Queen Street
• Beeston Street - between Hanover Street and King Street
• John’s Lane - between North Street and Georges Lane
• Mark Lane - between Beeston Street and Charles Street
• Charles Street - between Hanover Street and King Street
• East Street - between South Heroes Circle and East Queen Street
• East Queen Street - between Hanover Street and East Parade
• Georges Lane - between Duke Street and Johns Lane