UPDATE: Five now charged with extortion offences in Manchester, Clarendon
The commanding officer for the Manchester Police Division Superintendent Wayne Cameron is reporting that all five persons arrested in connection with the attempted extortion in central Jamaica have now been charged.
1. Sheila Smith, 64, of Free Town Clarendon
2. Beko March, 21, of Free Town Clarendon
3. Careba Salmon, 24, of Mandeville
4. Keeno Powell, 21, of Top Hill, Manchester
5. Sandre' Bogle, 20, of Top Hill, Manchester
They have each been charged with six counts of extortion and six counts of conspiracy to extort.
The police say the five will face additional charges as investigations progress.
They are due to appear before the Manchester Parish Court on Thursday, March 16.
— Tamara Bailey