Wed | Sep 19, 2018

Forms ready for property tax relief applications

Published:Monday | April 3, 2017 | 2:59 PM

Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ) says application forms are now available at all tax offices and municipal corporations for people who wish to apply for property tax relief.

The TAJ says persons may also apply for statutory and agricultural derating.

Finance Minister, Audley Shaw, and the TAJ have been seeking to remind landowners that there are measures in law to benefit people who have difficulty paying their property taxes.

However, the TAJ say property owners who want to challenge their land valuations can file a notice of objection with the Commissioner of Lands.