Carlos Hill fraud trial delayed until Wednesday
The start of the fraud trial against former Cash Plus boss Carlos Hill has been delayed until Wednesday.
The trial was scheduled to get underway in the Home Circuit Court in downtown Kingston this morning, but was postponed because the judge set to hear the case was not available.
The case was also put off last November because the prosecutor was engaged in another matter.
That time the court also issued subpoenas compelling several witnesses to appear after the prosecution said it was having difficulty locating them.
The prosecution had previously told the court that it would be calling nine witnesses.
Hill is charged with fraudulently inducing persons to invest in Cash Plus, the five-year-old multibillion-dollar scheme that collapsed in 2008.
Hill is out on $15 million bail.