Holness to address building expo
Prime Minister Andrew Holness headlines an impressive line-up of local and international speakers for the inaugural staging of Build Expo and Conference, to be held at the Montego Bay Convention Centre, St James from June 9 to 11. Holness will give the keynote address on day one.
The expo will showcase local and international exhibitors of products and services relating to the building and property development sectors, and is expected to attract industry professionals, market leaders, trade professionals and trendsetters in design and construction from all over the world.
"The expo and conference creates an opportunity for companies, stakeholders and legislators to take a serious look at the building and construction industry to bring the sector up to par with international standards and that of first world countries," said conceptualiser Dwight Crawford.
"It is an opportunity for our local stakeholders to learn new innovations, because most of our current practices were conceptualised decades ago, and we are being left behind."
The presenters will be:
- Behrokh Khoshnevis, a professor of industrial and systems engineering and director of the Manufacturing Engineering Graduate Programme at the University of Southern California
- Joy Beckerman, principal industrial hemp specialist at Hemp Ace International, a Seattle-based consulting, educational and brokerage firm
- Andrew Morrison, expert builder and co-founder at Tiny House Enterprises, LLC
- R. Anthony Warner, professional engineer and chairman of Warner Levy EnviroEnergy Inc - which specialises in renewable energy and co-generation energy efficiency systems
- Randy Dougherty, chairman Inter-American Accreditation cooperation
- Paul Tobey, expert digital marketing trainer, and best-selling author
- Dr Horace Chang, Minister without Portfolio in the Ministry of Economic Growth and Job Creation with responsibility for Water, Works and Housing.