Hello Mi Neighbour | Man's main purpose is to worship God
Hello, mi neighbour! So, we are now rushing to destroy one another on a little island perched on this little planet of ours, eenh? Which script are we following? Certainly not the Scripture. Maybe if we understood our purpose we'd all work together for the betterment of this planet for which we have an awesome responsibility.
Of the eight planets in our solar system, Earth is the only one with life as we know it. As a matter of fact, nowhere on the countless billions of planets throughout the universe have scientists found another place hospitable enough to accommodate life. Isn't our Earth special?
All the things we need to survive are right here in abundance. Some are quite complex and others are simple. We have been given air, water, fertile land, food, other living creatures, plants, herbs, and a whole host of goodies to last us for a life time and beyond. Awesome!
We have been equipped to build roads, houses, and transportation for air, land, and sea. We have the capacity to build relationships and procreate. Here, we worship, love, dance, play and pray, and enjoy God's creation a right given to each of us by the Creator.
Yet, the real purpose of man's life on Earth is a question that many have pondered for eons and to which they have found no answer even though he can explain why other creatures exist. Out of a sense of purposelessness and frustration, man hates, covets, robs, and kills without rhyme or reason.
Are we purposeless? Why are we really here? The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God created man for His pleasure. Our main purpose is to worship God. We fulfil this role by acknowledging who He is and living in a faithful relationship and giving service to Him while loving and serving others.
We were also made as rulers over a part of His creation. The more we get to know our Creator, the better we understand who we are and what our purpose is. Let's do some research.
King Solomon, one of the wisest men to have lived on this planet, concluded that the "real duty of man is to fear God and keep His commandment" after he himself tried to do otherwise.
We truly fulfil our purpose and experience complete satisfaction when we love the Lord our God with heart, soul, mind, and strength and love our neighbours as ourselves!
Thanks for helping your neighbours
- Sister Nelson, St Catherine - offering a crib
- Lola, donating a dresser to a neighbour
- Karlene, St Andrew - for donation
- Melissa, St Andrew - for offering to Millie, St Andrew
- Rema, St Andrew - for donation
- Judith, St Andrew - for donation
- Valrie, USA for contributions to her neighbours
Opportunities for Helping
- Neighbour - St Ann: Unemployed and cannot find a job; unable to purchase the basic necessities of life - just wants someone to help her
- Neighbour: Unemployed, asking for a sewing machine to help self
- Joan - Asking for clothing for one-year-old. A dresser and a refrigerator
- Neighbour - St Andrew, Retiree - trying construct a little house and in need of a toilet bowl
- Neighbour - Asking for bed, stove, and TV. Opportunity to start a chicken-rearing business
- Venisha - Single mother who is also caring for own mother asking for TV, stove, female clothing for church, and a mattress - double bed
- Maureen - St Catherine: Recovering from surgery - asking for clothing and shoes for 11-year-old daughter
- Judith - Kingston: Single mother of three asking for help to send them back to school this September
- Neighbour : Single mother of three doesn't know where to turn. No help to send them back to school. Needs books; bags - sizes seven and eight, white shirts - feels as if she is dying.
- Allison - physically challenged; unemployed; needs a sewing machine to make a living.
- To help, please call Silton Townsend @ 334-8165, 884-3866, or deposit to acct # 351 044 276 NCB. (Bank routing #: JNCBJMKX) or send donations to HELLO NEIGHBOUR C/o 53 Half-Way Tree Road, Kingston 10; Paypal/credit card: email: email@example.com. Or contact e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org