Mon | Dec 18, 2017

St Thomas students suffer smoke inhalation

Published:Thursday | September 14, 2017 | 8:03 PM

Several students of Yallahs High School in St Thomas were on Thursday rushed to the Yallahs Health Centre after suffering smoke inhalation from a fire near the institution.

The students were later transferred to the Princess Margaret Hospital.

Principal, Mark Malabver, says about 1:30 p.m. a bush fire broke out on an adjoining property which quickly spread to the perimeter of the school. 

According to Malabver, the smoke quickly engulfed one of the school’s blocks, forcing the evacuation of the building. 

[29]

He says two past students and a teacher helped to fight the fire.

They were later joined by members of the Yallahs Fire Department which carried out  cooling down exercises.