Mon | Aug 20, 2018

Infirmary report expected this weekend on deaths at St Thomas Infirmary

Published:Friday | December 15, 2017 | 9:45 AM

Local government minister Desmond McKenzie says he expects to receive a report on the deaths of two residents of the St Thomas Infirmary this weekend.

It’s been reported that the two elderly male residents died last week as a result of a bacterial outbreak at the infirmary.

However, the Local Government Minister says the facts are still being determined.

He says the local government ministry is collaborating with the Ministry of Health and the various tests that are expected in an investigation of this nature have been done.

McKenzie is seeking to assure the residents and employees of the Infirmary that all necessary steps are being taken to protect their health and well-being.

He has also expressed regret at the deaths of the men and condolences to their extended family at the Infirmary.