Police refute flawed wanted list claims
The Jamaica Constabulary Force is refuting reports a list it released of the most wanted men in St James is flawed.
It had been reported that two of the persons named on the list are dead and that another is in hospital.
However, Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of the Crime and Security Portfolio, Selvin Haye says a list currently being circulated on social media and discussed on some traditional media outlets did not come from the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF).
He says a list of 37 persons was shared and discussed with stakeholders before the announcement of the State of Public Emergency.
He says from this list, five of those individuals were listed as priority and shared with the media through a release on Friday.
DCP Haye says the list that was compiled by the JCF consists of persons who are wanted and for whom court-ready files and warrants of arrests have been prepared.
He says once those individuals are captured, they can be immediately taken before the courts.
DCP Haye says the list of wanted persons is being constantly monitored and is updated regularly.