Errol Strong replaces Harriott as chairman of Police Civilian Oversight Authority
Retired Assistant Commissioner of Police Errol Strong is the new chairman of the Police (Civilian Oversight) Authority.
He replaces Professor Anthony Harriott.
Harriott resigned as chairman in February amid pressure for him to do so after he called the police force a toxic organisation.
Harriott, however, remains a member of the oversight authority.
IN PHOTO: Professor Anthony Harriott
Strong, who is a Justice of the Peace, has been a member of the Authority, since November 3, 2016.
About Errol Strong:
1. Retired Assistant Commissioner of Police
2. Has more than 40 years of experience in security
3. Worked as Security Liaison Officer at the Embassy of Jamaica in Washington, D.C.
4. Former Chairman of Firearm Licensing Authority
Other members of the Police (Civilian Oversight) Authority:
1. Dr Marshall Hall
2. Pastor Glen Samuels
3. Jacqueline Hinkson
4. Professor Anthony Harriott
5. Gladstone Lewars
The tenure of the Authority will end August 22, 2021.
The Police (Civilian Oversight) Authority was established by an Act of Parliament in 2005 to support external scrutiny and accountability of the Jamaica Constabulary Force.