UWI At 70 | Meet Guest Editor Professor Hopeton Dunn
On September 3, The Gleaner will partner with The University of the West Indies (UWI) for a special guest editors' edition. It's part of our recognition of the 70th anniversary of the University of the West Indies. The institution, with its main campuses in Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago has helped to shape significant elements of Caribbean history.
Here are five things you should know about another of our guest editors, Professor Hopeton Dunn.
1. He is a professor of communications policy and digital media and the author of numerous books and scholarly articles in the areas of globalisation, technology and emerging media, and telecommunications policy.
2. Dunn is director of the Mona ICT Policy Centre at the UWI, Mona, and a former director of the Caribbean School of Media and Communication.
3. He has served as chairman and CEO of the Creative Production and Training Centre.
4. Dunn is the immediate past chairman of the Broadcasting Commission of Jamaica and a former secretary general of the International Association for Media and Communication Research.
5. When he is not in the lecture room or working at the computer, he may be found in the family kitchen, where he regularly cooks.