There will be no cover-up in Jamal Khashoggi's death - Turkey
Turkey has announced that it will reveal all details about the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
This announcement by a spokesman for the governing party in Turkey follows Saudi Arabia’s admission that Khashoggi was killed inside its consulate in the Turkish city of Istanbul.
"Turkey will reveal whatever had happened," Omer Celik, spokesman for Turkey's ruling AKP party, was quoted as saying by Anadolu news agency.
"Nobody should ever doubt about it. We are not accusing anyone in advance, but we don't accept anything to remain covered [up]," added Celik.
Officials in Saudi Arabia claimed on Friday that Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi critic, died in a "fist fight".
Until Friday, the Saudi kingdom denied knowledge of his whereabouts and insisted he had left the building alive.
But in its latest account, the kingdom said a fight broke out between Khashoggi, who had fallen out of favour with the Saudi government, and people who met him in the consulate, ending with his death.
The kingdom has come under intense international pressure to explain Khashoggi's disappearance after he entered the Istanbul consulate on October 2 to seek paperwork for his forthcoming marriage.
Turkish officials have previously said he was deliberately killed inside the consulate and his body dismembered and say they have audio and video evidence to prove this.