Security measures implemented for boys and girls champs
The police have implemented a raft of restrictions for the Inter-Secondary School Sports Association (ISSA) Boys’ and Girls’ Championships which will be held at the National Stadium in St Andrew.
The event will be held from Tuesday, March 26 to Saturday, March 30.
* No firearms, knives, ice picks, machetes, aerosol sprays, large coolers (igloos), glass bottles, lighters, frozen water or drinks, drugs, firecrackers, DVD or video recorders, alcohol and umbrellas with pointed tips will be allowed inside the venue.
* No smoking will be allowed inside and persons found in breach may be asked to leave the stadium.
* Walkways should be kept clear at all times in cases of emergency and there will be a no re-entry policy.
* Licensed firearm holders are being advised to make alternative arrangements for the safekeeping of their firearms, as no provisions will be made at the venue or at the Stadium Police Station.
* Patrons are also being reminded that all persons entering the stadium will be subject to search.
* Vendors are being warned that vending will not be tolerated outside the designated areas.