Coffee Break with Imru James
Welcome to our new series Coffee Break,. You may have heard about them but do you really really know them? They are young vibrant rising stars in their respective fields, and, twice a month, we sit and have coffee with these movers and shakers and find out how they really tick. Have coffee with us and enjoy the read.
Brand manager for Heineken
Wolmer's Boys' School, UWI
1. What is your best childhood memory?
The Christmas when I received my first Nintendo and the duck hunt and Mario Brothers game. Little did my mother realise what she was unleashing when she gave me that gift.
2. Why did you decide on your current
I actually started out in finance, and it was an easy transition into marketing as I loved the FMCG market and followed a lot of marketing blogs that focused on how companies like Apple, Google and Nike were leading the way through innovation and cutting-edge marketing techniques.
3. Who do you most admire in life?
I actually admire my mom. She has made a lot of sacrifices for me and gone through a lot and still has a positive disposition about life.
4. What is your strongest personal quality?
Determination and inner calmness.
5. What is a skill you'd like to learn and why?
I would like to become a patisserie chef because I always dream about opening a small coffee shop in France, and I feel there is art in the process and the finished product.
6. What is your signature style?
Modern and preppy with a mix of urban.
7. If you could keep only five possessions, what would they be?
My iPhone, Nike Roshe runs, Ray Bans, blue Levis jeans and a black Ralph Lauren polo shirt.
8. How would your friends describe you?
Talented, competitive and full of style with a little charisma, and very miserable.
9. What does a perfect day look like to you?
Brisk five-mile run in the morning, gym, beach, brunch, then wine to close the night.
10. What is your favourite type of music?