Saint international's Couture Queens Reign in Paris
Saint International has much to be proud of as they started 2018 how they ended 2017 - with their models making waves on international runways.
The Saint Jamaican duo of supermodel Tami Williams and fast-rising superstar Naki Depass, delivered a blistering and unforgettable season performance on the most exclusive runways, including the recently concluded Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week, where the world's top designers showcased the most expensive one-of-a-kind, handmade dresses (a couture dress can easily set you back US$100,000).
The well-heeled couture clients (royalty, business moguls and entertainment scions) descended upon the City of Lights to view the latest offerings from the handful of designers on the couture roster.
From Tami's epic closing at the (still-talked-about) Giambattista Valli show to both girls dazzling for legendary Giorgio Armani, it was a memorable tale of sheer model magnificence. American Vogue prominently featured Tami's Instagram post of backstage Giambattista Valli as one of the best fashion Instagram posts of the week.
If you missed it, then Outlook is pleased to give you all the looks superbly showcased by the Saint girls and even some backstage moments from the Spring/Summer 2018 couture ahows of Paris. We also caught up with the girls as they reflected on the season, their favourite moments and what's next.
1. One word to describe this Couture show season?
That would have to be 'magical'. I'm still dreaming of all the runways and backstage moments I had with photographers, friends, designers and all the stylists who made this season another remarkable one.
2. What was the highlight of your couture show week?
There were a lot of highlights for me, but the ones that stood out the most was definitely the Giambattista Valli show, opening for Viktor and Rolf and walking for Chanel in that beautiful outfit. Also, walking with my Saint sister Naki Depass for Armani Prive Saab and other shows.
3. What's the life of an international model really like?
It is fascinating, fun and crazy but in a good way. I get to travel the world, experience new things and new cultures, meet a lot of amazing people from all walks of life and with all of this, I couldn't have asked for more.
4. How has your life changed since your modelling career started?
It has changed rapidly. Thanks to Deiwght Peters and Saint International, I am living my dream. I'm now able to help not only myself but my family and soon and very soon I will be helping others through various charities that I plan to become associated with.
5. What's next?
I'm now focusing on my career full time and taking it to the top. I want a long-term make-up campaign.
I am now in the new Balmain campaign and I plan on getting my mom a house. Those are my main priorities right now.
6. Is there any client you haven't worked for yet that you are hoping to work with?
Yes, there are few like Steven Meisel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, and many others. I am still young at this, even with all the success I am blessed to have, so time will make it happen.
7. What advice would you give to young girls who see the glitzy runway and want to be models?
It comes with a lot of hard work and dedication. Have a good agent like DP (Deiwght Peters) who knows the business inside out and can guide your career. Many people think it's a free vacation but in reality it is professional work like any office job.
You have to be determined, appreciative, dedicated and most of all you have to love what you do.
2. The highlight of my couture show week was walking alongside my Saint sister Tami Williams for some of the most prestigious shows eg. Armani Prive & Elie Saab. And also most of these shows, I was walking for the first time since.
3. It is a super fun job, but just like every other job, it takes hard work, dedication and simply the love for what you do.
4. Since Deiwght (Peters) discovered me, and I started with Burberry, Prada, Givenchy and Celine, I now travel a lot for work New York, London, Milan, Paris. My career pays for my University (of the West Indies). I have become more confident because I was very shy. I am also more independent.
5. More editorials, campaigns and completing my accounting degree.
6. There are many and I am confident I will get to work with them e.g. Steven Meisel, Steven Klein, Patrick Demarchelier, Inez and Vinoodh, Mert and Marcus, Dior, Luois Vuitton and so many others.
7. In order to be successful you must have super agent like Deiwght and Saint International and be prepared to work hard, be discipline and always act professional. But most of all you must enjoy what you do.