Jamaican Christmas in the kitchen Sorrel Surprise
Christmas dinner isn't complete without the perfect cocktail. Serve upon your guest's arrival or save this recipe for after-dinner drinks. Whichever you choose, it's guaranteed to be a hit!
4-6 slices of ginger
1/2 n orange
1.5oz Peach puree
2oz White rum
1. Add 2-3 slices of ginger to a glass.
2. Add peach purÈe.
3. Slightly muddle.
4. Add ice and shake.
5. Pour mixture into glass. Add ice and rest for 2 minutes.
6. Add two slices of ginger to another glass.
7. Add sorrel (marinated with cloves, pimento, brown sugar and ginger).
8. Add rum and ice.
9. Stir, shake and pour on to peach mixture.
10. Add more rum and garnish with orange wedge.
Method: Shaken & layered
Mixologist: Milton Wisdom, head mixologist, Cellar 8.