Trevor E. S. Smith | Using questions to drive success, goal attainment
Questions have great effect. Asking the right questions is one key to success. Go through the following routine daily for the next 90 days and reap rich rewards.
On Rising – GRATITUDE
• Why am I so richly blessed?
• What are the specific blessings that I want to reflect on at this time?
• From this place of gratitude, what is the most compelling thing that I want to celebrate today?
On RISING – MINDSET
• What is my personal brand?
• What does that mean with respect to my mindset today?
• What are three behaviours I can display to be a great brand ambassador?
• What situation might present a challenge for me to navigate today?
• How will I navigate that challenge?
• What theme/thoughts capture who I am going to be today?
• What are my overarching goals?
• What are five elements of my big picture? (Manifestations of what I think of as ‘success’.)
• What is the ‘WHY’ of whatever I am pursuing? (What are my main motivators?)
• What is the vision statement/elevator speech/statement of purpose that I use to focus my mind?
• What is it about the ‘desired new state’/goal that gives me fixity of purpose?
• What is the non-negotiable goal that is driving me?
• From a place of appreciating the negative impact of mental blocks, what negative thoughts do I want to highlight and deal with today?
• What are the root causes of those limiting beliefs or bad habits?
• What corrective actions must I focus on today?
• What replacement thoughts or actions must I use to redirect me away from the limiting thoughts or bad habits at the very hint that they may appear?
• What strategies can I deploy to avoid even having to encounter situations in which the negative thoughts or actions might surface?
MY IMPACT TODAY
• What are my top three priorities today?
• What is the single most important action that I can take with respect to each one?
• What is the prevailing spirit with which I will face today?
• Where can I look to for support?
• Where can I offer support?
• Whose life can I make better today?
EMPOWERING ‘WHY’ QUESTIONS
I recognise the potential impact of my subconscious. I know that the brain relentlessly seeks answers to questions. I know that I can pose questions and leave the answers to the brain in such a way as to produce positive results in my life. Therefore, each day I consistently ask empowering ‘why’ questions that are linked to my objectives and vision.
Write your own questions. Here are examples:
• Why am I so disciplined and full of self-control?
• Why do I have such clarity with respect to my next steps?
• Why do I have the courage to speak out about toxic and anti-social behaviour?
• Why am I such a consistent, positive influence in the lives of others?
• Why do I consistently meet and often exceed my objectives?
It is critical that I do not seek to answer the questions. I ask them with a positive air of expectancy that the situations the questions envisage will be manifested. [Send me yours for verification that you have got it.]
• What steps will I take to eat healthily today?
• Where will I fit in my exercise/physical health regime today?
• How am I arming myself to reject toxic thoughts today?
• What is my plan to protect my mind, body and soul today?
PROGRESS REPORT DURING THE DAY
• Where am I with respect to who I want to be today?
• Have I sought opportunities to manifest that persona?
• Have I slipped up?
• What can I do to get back on track?
• What is the most important thing that I can do right now?
• Was I the person that I wanted to be today?
• What things brought me great satisfaction today?
• What things did I ace today?
• What lessons can I take away from those positives?
• In what ways could I have been better today?
• What lessons can I learn from where I fell short?
• What commitments can I make with respect to tomorrow?
• How can I redirect my thoughts so as to achieve a sense of peace?
• What thoughts will I embrace so as to rest well?
• Is there some nagging issue that I need to resolve or put on hold until tomorrow?
Ensure that your 2020 goals are achieved. Talk to us about how we can move your team to the next level.
- Trevor E. S. Smith/Success with People Academy. We guide the development of high-performance teams. We are interpersonal relations, group dynamics, and performance-enhancement specialists. We provide learning and productivity-enhancement technology solutions. We offer behavioural assessments from Extended DISC on the revolutionary FinxS Platform and e-Competency Frameworks in our SPIKE solution. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.