Shipping industry advisories
From Kingston Freeport Terminal Limited
Please be advised that in light of the recent announcements made by the Government of Jamaica regarding curfew hours, we will be adjusting our Domestic Gate operations effective Wednesday, April 22, 2020 as follows:
• Vetting of Full Import containers for delivery will cease at 2 p.m. and all loading of trucks will end at 3 p.m.
• Between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. only Full Exports and Empties will be received and offloaded.
• All operations will cease at 4 p.m.
These changes will continue to be in effect until further notice. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to serve you, while safeguarding the health and safety of all our stakeholders.
From Jamaica Customs Agency
Re: EXPORTS – Change in the Customs Process for Dock Receipt
The Jamaica Customs Agency (JCA) continues its drive to simplify trade-related processes within Jamaica. In this regard, the agency will be streamlining the current Export Processes as it relates to the need for exporters to present the Dock Receipt to Customs for processing.
To simplify and improve the security process of Export Shipments, the JCA will cease the processing of the Dock Receipt effective May 1, 2020. Therefore there will no longer be the need to present it to the JCA.
In terms of its impact on stakeholders, we are encouraging:
1. The Shipping Agents to utilise the Port Community System (PCS) to ensure that accurate and complete Booking information is in place.
2. Exporter/Declarants are to ensure the Export Declarations being submitted to the JCA is completed with the Booking Confirmation reference number on the Attached Document Tab of the eSAD.
3. The Terminal Operators are to review their internal business processes and make provisions ahead of the start date.
4. The Terminal Operators will utilise the PCS to verify that export shipments are duly authorised by the JCA to enter the Ports.
If there are any queries, contact the Jamaica Customs Agency.