Miss Jamaica World selects top 20
It was a display of beauty and brains at last Sunday's eliminations of Miss Jamaica World (MW) 2015.
The Jamaica Pegasus hotel was transformed into a beauty gala, with 39 beautiful women vying to get a step closer to the 2015 crown by getting into the top 20.
After an opening performance by In Motion Dance Company, the contestants paraded in front of the panel of judges, which included Sophia Max-Brown, former Miss Jamaica Worlds Danielle Crosskill and Cindy Breakspeare, current Miss Jamaica World Laurie-Ann Chin, and Tommy James.
Singer Ari Lopez entertained the audience during the first intermission, after which the evening's hosts Miss Jamaica World 2006 Dr Sara Lawrence and the vibrant Roxene Nickle announced the top 30.
The girls graced the stage once more before having to wait through another nerve-racking intermission for the judges to select the top 20.
Silence filled the room after Timmy James' performance, and there was no mistaking the winning smile each contestant wore as their names were announced and they came forward.
The Gleaner's Flair Magazine Girl Next Door Competition winner Richelle Parchment, who was chosen through social-media votes, also qualified for the top 20.
The grand coronation show will be held on August 15 at the Montego Bay Convention Centre. However, there will be several fast-track events before the winner of each will secure her spot in the top 10 on the big night.
Here is a list of the top 20:
- Robyn Lloyd - Miss Hype TV
- Jade McBean - Miss Immigration USA
- Jovi Jaja - Windy Air Conditioners
- Kayla Blake - Miss Winchester Optical
- Jheanell Nesbeth - Miss Wata Land
- Shari-Jo Robinson - Miss Virgin International Trade
- Talia Soares - Miss Morfose Hair Care Series
- Krystal Tomlinson - Miss Spa Aesthetique
- Setrena Clarke - Miss Yaad Trends
- Cavel Campbell - Miss Nargia's Beauty
- Suchelis Rhodd - Miss Klip Xtreme
- Richelle Parchment - Miss Panasonic
- Sanneta Myrie - Miss Evergrow Garden Center
- Royanne DeSilva - Miss Future Energy Source
- Renee Boland - Miss Amelia Morgandy
- Chanel Ricketts - Miss French Connection Events
- Daina Haughton - Miss Pier 1
- Christine Rowe - Miss Evans Electrical
- Rochelle McKinley - Miss Optical Solutions International Limited
- Crystal Mason - Miss University College of the Caribbean