Miss Universe Jamaica East 2018 contestants sashed
Miss Universe Jamaica East (MUJE) has delivered, as they said they would, bringing back public eliminations for the eastern region competition.
Judges, former Miss Jamaica World contestant, Tracey Hamilton; managing director of Nirvana Entertainment/Miss Jamaica Bikini Competition, Dwight Dunn; Entertainer Elva Ruddock; former Miss Jamaica World contestant, Sharice Fernander; television host Sanjay; honorary master of fitness, Bryan Campbell; regional director of Miss Universe East and CEO of Fit Farm Fitness Centre, Audrie Mullings; and fashion designer and hairstylist, Lisa 'Neahlis' McIntosh-Aris, were in for a treat. The 35 contestants, collectively, was a promising group. Choosing just 20 proved to be somewhat difficult for the judges, and instead, they added one extra contestant, making their total for the MUJE Coronation 21.
The event, held at Eden Gardens Wellness Resort and Spa, was hosted by the vivacious Chantal Kong and Talia Soares, who is no stranger to pageantry. They kept the programme moving smoothly and called out each contestant to strut her stuff in swimwear along the poolside in the afternoon sun.
After much mulling over, 21 were selected. On Tuesday, MUJE sashed the 21 chosen beauties at the pageant's home - Eden Gardens Wellness Resort and Spa. The show began with a warm welcome from emcee 'Burgerman' from RJR 94FM's 'Too Live Crew', accompanied by Sharon Beckford, pageant director. The reigning queen, Miss Universe Jamaica East 2017, Addairre Esmie, was also present.
The chosen 21 made their way to the stage and sponsors came up and pulled from a glass bowl their princess, who they hoped to become queen. Each was sashed by their sponsors.
The show was concise and ended with the contestants mingling among guests. The girls danced, partook in interviews, and got the opportunity to get to know their sponsors.
Here are the girls and their sponsors:
1. Annecia Morgan - Miss D'Marie Institute
2. Chavelle Williams - Miss Cherish
3. Marianne Konate Hernandez - Miss Farm Price Ja
4. Jodi-Ann Campbell - Miss Hope Wade NY
5. Zhane Robinson - Miss Trainfit Club
6. Kayla Smith - Miss Chik 'N' Trende
7. Shanice Sinclair - Miss Boss Clique
8. Shantelle Lee - Miss Eden Gardens Wellness Resort & Spa
9. Jodi-Ann Foster - Miss Male Ego
10. Sandrine Christie - Miss Fit Farm Fitness Club
11. Jessica Williams - Miss Hype TV
12. Kimorra Lucas - Miss Ideas Evolution JA
13. Aquino Davis - Miss Mystic online
14. Marshell Robinson - Miss Gustazos
15. Jodine Campbell - Miss Carlisa
16. Laurie-Ann Campbell - Miss Dunn's Fine Furniture
17. Tiffany Douglas - Miss Triple Century Sports Bar
18. Sara-dee Palmer - Miss One Stop Computer
19. Lamise Hamilton - Miss Timber Wear Inc
20. Kadejah Anderson - Miss Mannequin Pieces
21. Trician Douse - Miss Loran-V Boutique.