Tue | Aug 14, 2018

Manning teams shine

Published:Sunday | October 19, 2014 | 12:00 AM
St Elizabeth Technical's (STETHS) coach Omar Wedderburn (centre) celebrates with his players (from left) Romaine Blake, Tavar McCulloch and Donjay Smith at the National Stadium yesterday. STETHS whipped Denham Town High 5-0 in the LIME Super Cup match. - Ian Allen/Photographer

Manning Cup teams from the urban areas of Kingston and St Andrew and St Catherine held the upper hand over their rural daCosta Cup rivals yesterday in the round of 16 matches in the rich LIME Super Cup.

Camperdown High, Wolmer's Boys, Hydel High and Holy Trinity High won to advance to this weekend's quarter-finals.

Also advancing were daCosta Cup teams
St Elizabeth Technical (STETHS) and Garvey Maceo

At press time last night Manning Cup glamour
team St George's College led Godfrey Stewart High 3-1 at the National
Stadium, while in Montego Bay, defending Manning Cup champions Jamaica
College and Cornwall College were locked at 0-0.

Montego Bay, Wolmer's High stormed back from a goal down to eliminate St
James High 3-1 after Camperdown easily dismissed Dinthill Technical

Kevin Shaw, Ramiesh McKnight and Kevin Clarke
were the scorers for Camperdown.

In the Wolmer's-St
James clash, Romario Clarke opened the scoring for the daCosta Cup team
before Shaquille McKoy found the equaliser as the schools went into
extra time locked at 1-1. Jaheel Hyde and Joshaun McNought scored for
Wolmer's in extra time.

At the National Stadium,
STETHS drubbed Denham Town 5-0.

Donjay Smith (7th),
own goal (Kadeem Williams) (41st) and Rushane McClymont (78th),
substitutes Javoney Brown (88th) and Romario Allen (90th) were the
goalscorers for STETHS.

In the opening game, Hydel
edged Old Harbour 1-0 with Stephen Barnett getting the goals in the 46th

At Sabina Park, Holy Trinity recorded a 4-2
penalty kick victory over 10-man Clarendon

Exciting scoreline

teams battled to an exciting 1-1 scoreline at the end of regulation and
extra time.

Seigel Knight put Clarendon in front when
he scored a well-placed free kick in the 27th. Shamar Smith equalised
for Holy Trinity in the 72nd minute.

Clarendon College
were reduced to 10 players when Andrew Gutzmore picked up a second
yellow card and was ejected by referee Gawayne Scott in the 72nd

In the penalty shoot-out, Holy Trinity's
scorers were Tevin Rochester, substitute Jabari Howell and Jevon Miller
converted, while Smith missed.

Knight and Oshane
Coleman scored for Clarendon College, while Javaan Johnson, Malik Palmer
and Roger Russell all failed from the spot.

Trinity goalkeeper Antonio Millington was the hero for his team with two
saves in the shoot-out. The 15-year-old denied Palmer and