Sat | Mar 25, 2017

No IPL ban for Windies cricketers

Published:Wednesday | October 22, 2014 | 10:00 AM

India (CMC):

The chairman of the Indian Premier League (IPL), Ranjib Biswal, has said that West Indies? cricketers would not face any ban from the tournament after pulling out midway through their tour of India.

Fears of the ban surfaced following the pull-out which the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) says would cost them about US$65 million in losses.

pay dispute

A pay dispute with the West Indies Players? Association forced the players to follow through with threats to quit the tour after the fourth one-day international in Dharamsala last Friday, with one more ODI, a Twenty20 and three Tests remaining.

?It depends upon them (West Indies players). If they want to play IPL they are welcome,? Ranjib Biswal, the IPL chairman, said in Hyderabad, where the BCCI?s emergency working committee met to discuss the fallout of West Indies pulling out of the India tour last week.