'It's all sorted out now' Bravo says full string WI will tour South Africa
DURBAN (CMC): West Indies one-day international (ODI) cricket captain, Dwayne Bravo, has announced that a full-string team will tour South Africa next month despite their dramatic mid-series withdrawal from India last month.
Bravo's disclosure yesterday may allay concerns after the tour was plunged into doubt after the one-day team pulled out of the sub-continent over a contracts row with the West Indies Players Association (WIPA).
Their move left a one-dayer and a Twenty20 International unplayed and also scuppered the planned three-Test series.
"It's all sorted out and the West Indies are going to be back playing again," Bravo said at Kingsmead, where he was officially welcomed as the Dolphins' overseas player for the domestic T20 competition.
best West Indies team
"As far as I know the best West Indies team will tour South Africa."
There are reports that the dispute has been resolved following a meeting in Trinidad on Friday brokered by Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves of St Vincent and the Grenadines and his Grenadian counterpart Keith Mitchell, with WIPA.
However there has been no official statement from WICB or WIPA confirming details of those reports. But Bravo has given the assurance that the tour will take place and the leading West Indies players will be available for selection.
"Everyone is available as far as I know and we look forward to trying to give the South African boys a good run," he said.
"It's always going to be tough, but it's good that all the matters are resolved now."