Sun | Aug 20, 2017

Bravo pulls out of T20 squad

Published:Sunday | February 14, 2016 | 2:26 PM

ST JOHN’S, Antigua, (CMC):

Left-hander Darren Bravo today became the third player to pull out of the troubled Twenty20 World Cup squad.

Following the high profile withdrawals by Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine last week, the West Indies Cricket Board announced that Bravo had also opted out of the squad in order to be available for Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in the Regional four-day championship.

In a letter sent to the Board, Bravo said while he was “very grateful and humbled” to be selected, he preferred to focus on developing his game in the longest format.

Selectors will now mull over yet another replacement after having to find alternatives for Pollard and Narine.

All-rounder Carlos Brathwaite was named to replace Pollard while today, the board said that Barbados off-spinner Ashley Nurse had been chosen in Narine’s absence.

Nurse has played four Twenty20s for West Indies and 60 overall.