Maverley-Hughenden, W'house in RSPL derby
Leaders UWI FC will try to extend their advantage when they tackle Boys' Town at UWI Bowl, Mona, in one of today's rescheduled fixtures in the Red Stripe Premier League (RSPL) football competition.
Following their 1-0 win over previous leaders Humble Lion on Sunday, UWI now head the standings with 16 points and will be looking for another win against second-from-bottom Boys' Town, who are desperate to add to their four points.
One of the round's biggest clashes pits Washington Boulevard neighbours Waterhouse and Maverley-Hughenden, one of this season's newcomers, against each other. Waterhouse lost their first four matches then won back-to-back games to move to six points before falling to champions MoBay United last Sunday. Maverley-Hughenden have been steadier, with five draws to date, but form counts for little in matchups of these sorts of derbies.
MoBay United (13) and Arnett Gardens (13), who have shared the league championship for the past three years, meet in the day's biggest clash. Both have made a decent start and registered wins on Sunday and will be engaged in a dogfight.
- 3 p.m.: Waterhouse vs Maverley-Hughenden at Drewsland Stadium
- 7 p.m.: Harbour View vs Humble Lion at Harbour View Stadium
- 3 p.m.: Montego Bay United vs Arnett Gardens at Wespow Park
- 3 p.m.: Portmore United vs Reno at Juici Park, Clarendon
- 3 p.m.: UWI FC vs Boys' Town at UWI Bowl, Mona
- 3 p.m.: Jamalco FC vs Tivoli Gardens at Wembley Centre of Excellence