Arnett resting top players ahead of RSPL play-offs
Coach Jerome Waite will is expected to start an understrength Arnett Gardens team today against Boys' Town who need at least a point to avoid relegation from the Red Stripe Premier League.
Waite's decision could turn what has traditionally been the Trench Town derby into a friendly affair in today's final preliminary round match of the season at the Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex.
"The team is in the top six, so we will play some youngsters in the match against Boys' Town," Waite said last week.
The top six are already known for the championship title play-offs later this month.
Boys' Town are battling for their Premier League life and must avoid defeat in order to be safe.
The Boys' Town team is in ninth position on 35 points, ahead of Waterhouse (34) and Maverley-Hughenden (32) as the teams in a battle to avoid joining already relegated Jamalco who are on 30 points.
Meanwhile, Maverley-Hughenden are favoured to join Jamalco as relegated teams. Maverley have the least chance of the three teams in the fight as their destiny is out of their hands.
They must win against Harbour View away and hope that other results end in their favour. Waterhouse must win against Reno to be safe.
All games begin at 3:30 p.m.
- Portmore United vs UWI FC at Prison Oval
- Humble Lion vs Tivoli Gardens at Effortville Community Centre, Clarendon
- Montego Bay United vs Jamalco at Wes Pow Park, St James
- Arnett Gardens vs Boys' Town at Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex
- Reno vs Waterhouse at Frome Complex, Westmoreland
- Harbour View vs Maverley-Hughenden at Harbour View Stadium