Tue | Jan 22, 2019

Rusea's march on

Published:Thursday | October 5, 2017 | 12:00 AMKavarly Arnold

Western Bureau:

Dwayne Harding, who transferred to Rusea's after winning the daCosta Cup last year with Cornwall College, was left out of the squad that defeated Knockalva 3-0 yesterday at Ruseas, with coach Vassel Reynolds said to be dissatisfied with his performances.

Reynolds noted that Harding was left out of the squad because his performances so far in the matches he has played this season have not met his expectations, but is hoping though that the youngster will put in the hard work, and get back into the squad pointing to his experience as a key element in the team's ambitions this year.

He wasn't needed yesterday as the ran out comfortable 3-0 winners in front of their own fans.

"The reason for that is thus far we are not satisfied with his performances. He would have come to us with some experience, and he would have gotten a good amount of minutes since the start of the competition, but we just aren't satisfied with his output so far," Reynolds said.




"We have a game on Saturday and the Inter-Zone coming up so I hope Dwayne can refocus, be committed and improve his performance so that he can be a part of the team for the next game."

Rusea's started the game in a commanding fashion in what was testing weather conditions. Knockalva only made things easier for them in the 10th minute when Javoy Diaz capitalised on a defensive error to give the hosts the lead. A downpour of rain made the going tougher for Rusea's as they found it hard putting passes together on a slightly waterlogged field, crippling their pass-centred style of play.

However, they got the insurance they needed when Javoy Diaz found his name on the score sheet in the 47th minute. The game was all done and dusted for the visitors when Daniel Reid made it 3-0 in the 87th minute to secure another win for the former champions.

Coach Reynolds added that he was happy for the win and the points, which keep his team three clear of second-place Green Island High, who they are set to face on Saturday.

"I think the condition was ideal to play the first 15 minutes, and I think we started pretty well and was expected to continue throughout the game, but conditions deteriorated. We did pretty much what we needed to do to get the three points," Reynolds shared.