Stona, other Champs stars shine at MVP Training Camp
Gold medal winners from the 2017 ISSA GraceKennedy Boys & Girls' Championships (Champs) swept the top awards at the MVP Track & Field Club's Grassroots Athletics Training Camp, held on Saturday.
Champs record holder in the 80m hurdles Crystal Morrison of St Jago High School won the MVP Girl of the Camp award for her outstanding performances in the six technical areas, in particular, the hurdles.
Roje Stona, who won gold in the Class 1 discus at Champs 2017, was named the MVP Boy of the Camp. Stona said, "the technical sessions of jumps and throws were my favourites."
Head Coach of MVP Track & Field Club Paul Francis presented the athletes with their prizes after overseeing the sprinting technical session at the MVP Training Camp.
The third of three Advanced Training Camps will be hosted by the MVP Track & Field Club at Kingston's National Stadium on Saturday.
- Puma Girl of the Camp - Thaila Wilson (Vere Technical)
- Puma Boy of the Camp - Jordain Squire (Holmwood Technical)
- NCB Girl of the Camp - Thennelle Williams (St Jago)
- NCB Boy of the Camp - Ashane Beckford (Glenmuir High)
- Reggae Jammin Girl of the Camp - Accacia Hinds (Holmwood Technical)
- Reggae Jammin Boy of the Camp - Krisano Christie (St Catherine High)
- Gatorade Girl of the Camp - Ramona Headman (Waterford High)
- Gatorade Boy of the Camp - Renford Carty (Central High)
- MVP Coach of the Camp - Nigel McClymont (Clarendon College)