Camperdown, Queen's seek semi-final berth
THE final set of matches in the second round of the urban Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA) schoolgirls netball competition will be played today at the Leila Robinson Courts, and with the semi-finals to be played next week Wednesday top junior teams Gaynstead High, St Catherine High, Norman Manley High and St Hugh's High have already booked their spots.
In the senior section, defending champions Excelsior High, Gaynstead and St Catherine have also booked semi-final berths. There is one spot up for grabs in Group Two and this will be decided between former champions Camperdown and Queen's.
Both teams will meet in a crucial match at 3:15 p.m. to decide who will join Excelsior High in the semi-finals as both are on nine points. Excelsior lead the group with 12 points. Both Camperdown and Queen's have lost to Excelsior and a win today for either team will seal their place. In their match against Excelsior, Camperdown were beaten 37-22 while Queen's lost 40-28 to Excelsior. Today's clash between the two (Camperdown and Queen's) is expected to be very close.
Below are today's final set of matches in the round:
- Gaynstead vs St Jago - 1:30 p.m.
- St Hugh's vs Merl Grove - 1:30 p.m.
- Wolmer's vs Jose Marti - 1:30 p.m.
- St Catherine vs Bridgeport - 1:30 p.m.
- Queen's vs Camperdown - 2:15 p.m.
- Norman Manley vs Ardenne - 2:15 p.m.
- Jose MartÌ vs Holy Childhood - 2:15 p.m.
- St Catherine vs Meadowbrook - 3 p.m
- Gaynstead vs St Andrew Technical - 3 p.m.
- St Andrew High vs Merl Grove - 3 p.m.
- Queen's vs Camperdown - 3:15 p.m.
- Excelsior vs Ardenne - 3:15 p.m