Bail extended for man accused of throwing stones
WESTERN BUREAU:A St James man, who allegedly threw stones at his neighbour and then attacked him with a knife, in July, had his bail extended to February 25, 2015, when he appeared in the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's Court on Monday.
Scean McBean, of a Copperwood address in Cambridge, St James, is charged with assault occasioning bodily harm. Allegations are that on July 22, the male complainant was walking toward his home when McBean threw stones at him. The complainant asked McBean to desist and went inside his house.
It is further alleged that a short while later the complainant came back outside. At this point, McBean allegedly attacked him with a knife. Neighbours intervened and the police were called. McBean put up a struggle with the police but was restrained.
"Is the file in a state of readiness?" Resident Magistrate Carolyn Tie asked clerk of the court Natalie Malcolm, when the case was mentioned on Monday.
"Yes, your honour, we are ready to proceed (to trial)," said Malcolm.
"How many witnesses are involved?" asked Tie.
"Four, your honour," said Malcolm.
The prosecution was also supplied with a copy of McBean's psychiatric evaluation from the defendant's attorney, Morrel Beckford. The evaluation report had been requested when the matter was previously heard on Monday, September 29.
"Sir, you are to return on February 25. Your bail is extended until then," said Tie, before she ordered subpoenas to be served on the civilian witnesses, in preparation for McBean's trial.