Latoya Grindley, Gleaner Writer
The Acropolis Gaming Lounge in Barbican. - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer
The games may be in Beijing, China, but who says you can't bring the Olympics to your house? With the right company, food and props you will be well on your way to enjoying the Olympics true China style.
1. Like any party, it is important that you plan ahead. The games begin tomorrow so if you haven't started planning yet, now is the time to start.
2. Decide on how many people you will be inviting and the time they should start coming over. Do some research on the times of the big events and call up your invitees in advance.
3. Food is important at any party. Choose the type food specific to the people being invited and the time of day. Some races will be in the mornings, so select food carefully. Finger foods and sandwiches are generally better to eat while watching sporting activities.
4. If you want to go the full hundred, decorate your place with props like the Jamaican flag showing your patriotism. If you have flags of other countries why not string them up?
5. Games can add to the excitement of your Olympics party. During breaks or when sports of interest have passed, outdoor or indoor games can be played. Outdoor activities could include relay race, water balloon toss and basketball. This would be ideal for family bonding.
Just add your own creativity and spice in celebrating Jamaica's Olympic team. Enjoy!