320 to go home - Iberostar's Rose Hall Beach Hotel to close its doors
WESTERN BUREAU: Forced to temporarily close the doors to one of his three Montego Bay resorts, Iberostar Rose Hall's Managing Director Philipp Hofer said he had no option but to take the difficult decision to send 320 of his employees home...
- Pain comes after GSAT success story - 12-y-o hit by father's death
- SHARING GOOD NEWS - Bill-payment services save money
- Fat Jamaica worries health officials
- School construction put on hold
- Armadale enquiry - Tests show tear-gas device could cause fire
- Golding, Simpson-Miller pay tribute to Ted Kennedy
- Cabinet approves new boards to oversee fisheries operations
- Scaled-down celebration for athletes
Road repairs will be visible soon - Shaw - Road Maintenance Fund gets boost from increase in fuel tax revenue
Minister of Finance and the Public Service Audley Shaw says that Jamaicans should soon start seeing repairs to their roads financed from the special consumption tax (SCT) on fuel introduced in April. Speaking Wednesday at the weekly post-Cabinet briefing at Jamaica House...
- 'Textbook delivery off track'
- Drewsland residents reach for their dreams
- Obistan students urged to believe in themselves
- Bolt wear selling like crazy
Digicel diversifies - $500m data centre opens November
Mobile phone operator, Digicel Jamaica has built itself a new command centre in Caymanas, St Catherine, that will become the base of its venture into a new line of business - data security and storage for corporate clients, at least three of whom are already...
- FCJ pouring $500m into new space at Naggo Head - ACS E-Services to take up 40,000 sq ft
- Crunch time as IMF deadline approaches
- Recession? What recession? - Sagicor near doubles profit, proving Byles wrong
- Regional business briefs
- Finsac date elusive
- Flow's pace slows - But Broadcasting Commission okay with network delay
- Technology briefs
- Hope springs eternal for a good winter
- Jamaica trying again to wring commercial gain from athletic success - MIIC initiates national branding committee
Long jump, look out! - Superstar Bolt wants to give it a try
ZURICH (AP): It may be time to extend those sandpits because Usain Bolt is considering the long jump. The Jamaican sprint star said yesterday he would like to try the long jump some day. If Bolt comes close to the standards he has set in the sprints, the world record...
- Bolt's agent big winner in Berlin
- Pakistan, ICC resolve Cup dispute
- La Liga leads, says Rio
- Burrell hails sponsors of schoolboy football
- Santos midfielder awaits national call
- IOC awards Brazilian broadcast rights for US$210m
- Suazo back for Honduras
- Trial Lawyer for Rhoden Memorial
- Julian Hyde takes 'jumping' challenge
EDITORIAL - Without fear or favour
We have faith in the absolute and clear willingness of the Jamaican Government to adhere to its international treaties and to operate in accordance with the rule of law.This is why we are surprised by the air of mystery and doubtful expectation as to the administration's...
- Why Ted Kennedy resonates
- Destined for greatness?
- Why science is critical now more than ever
LETTER OF THE DAY - Whiplash and motor premiums
THE EDITOR, Sir: THE MOTORING public needs to be more aware of one of the main reasons for the size of motor insurance premiums. There has been a long-standing and steadily escalating, cottage industry among some small but active sections of the legal and medical...
- Gov't should be honest and respectful
- Remember Senator Ted Kennedy
- Congrats, Mr Harris
- Let's accept reality!
- About Bolt and Owens
- Smash that piece of wall!
- Stop the bias!
Malaysia bars Muslims from Black Eyed Peas concert
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP): Malaysia's government has barred Muslims from a concert by United States hip hop stars the Black Eyed Peas next month because the event is organised by Irish beer giant Guinness, an official said yesterday....
LOTTO GONE LARGE!
Whomever said everything is bigger in Texas certainly did not hear about Supreme Ventures Limited's Super Lotto Game. Well, after much fanfare and hype, the big 'draws' are here and Pure Plush Lounge on Trinidad Terrace in New Kingston was the venue ...