Bruce bows - As PNP ramps up protest threats over taxes, PM wilts under heat
Reacting to torrents of criticism nationwide and threats of street demonstrations by the Opposition, Prime Minister Bruce Golding yesterday succumbed to pressure over a $21-billion tax package slated to take effect on January 1, 2010...
- Don't destroy Christmas - mayor
- $623b water bill - Five-year fix a big burden, says minister
- Black tanks at gov't bargain
- Bobette Morgan has a passion for community service
- 'Enough is enough!' - While backing protests, PNP warns against violence, roadblocks
- Wheels of justice turn faster for some - lawyer
- Rhodes Scholar's dad shot to death
- Senate gives go-ahead to cybercrime bill
- Police briber arrested
Maas Roy and the dead colonel
In Life According Maas Roy, Yvonne Archer documents the life stories of Stanley Roy Archer, her father. With Yvonne as narrator and Stanley Roy the direct voice, together they have written a memoir that is not only funny, dramatic and nostalgic...
- PCOA, PSC merger to be completed by April
- Ensom City Primary lauds retired teachers
- Linstead Consultative Committee fêtes children
- 'Understand the seriousness of not buckling up'
- Rewarding bad boys, ignoring the good 'uns
- Supervise them - Don't 'snoopervise' the children ...
- Fuel for your baby
- My mother keeps on WORRYING
- Beat the boredom
Matalon disappointed with 'fairly narrow range' of taxes
President of the Private Sector Organisation of Jamaica (PSOJ), Joseph M. Matalon, sees the Government's latest tax package as "necessary", in light of the impact of the global economic crisis on Jamaica. Matalon told the Jamaica Information Service that the tax package...
'I've always wanted a century against Australia' - Gayle wins Man-of-the-Series award
PERTH, Australia (CMC): West Indies captain Chris Gayle has praised his side's effort in defeat even as he expressed sadness over losing 0-2 in the three-match Test series against Australia yesterday. The Australians smothered a threatening bid by West Indies ...
- Bolt is a 'monster' - Gay believes Jamaican sprint ace can run 9.4s
- Tivoli swamp Village
- Sunshine Girls still ranked fourth
- Cavalier capitalise as Santos falter
- Burton on the double
- Lampard penalty rescues Chelsea at lowly West Ham
EDITORIAL - Absence of clarity, objectives in education plan
Andrew Holness, the education minister, is certainly correct that the idea of extending the formal school-leaving age beyond 16 has been on the national agenda, or more correctly, talked about, for quite a long time...
LETTER OF THE DAY - Big deterrent to new business
The Editor, Sir: We have procrastinated, we have pontificated, we have prayed and we have found distractions such as the wages of the former Bank of Jamaica governor. Jamaica's ever dwindling capacity to attract investment...
- Measures not tough enough
- Who are the rich to be taxed?
- A sick tax joke
- Sing less in shower, conserve more
CPTC gives back in 25th Anniversary
For many cultural anthropologists, culture is best described as a set of learned behaviours, beliefs, attitudes, values and ideals that are unique to a society or groups within that society. With its uniqueness, Jamaica's culture is worthy of preservation....
- Osmosis Evolution did indeed deliver
- Jamaica Youth Chorale launches Christmas concert
- Sound Trooper, Bass Odyssey into Sound of Greatness finals
- Buju 'holding firm', helping other inmates - manager
- Something extra
COVER STORY - Suzanne Leslie-Bailey: hard-working dynamo
The current president of the Kiwanis Club of New Kingston is a hard-working dynamo and research coordinator to Prime Minister Bruce Golding. Suzanne Leslie-Bailey has great plans for the popular service club. In an email interview, Flair asked her to share...
- The women behind Shaggy & Friends - Nikki Barbar ... if it's printing it's her!
- Jacqui Tyson - The women behind the shaggy & friends concert
- Charmaine Franklyn - The women behind the shaggy & friends concert
- Singular Subjects - Just being a Tiger
- Kelly's World - Awards time again
- Laws Of Eve - Legal consequences of name change by deed poll
- HEALTH & FITNESS - Weight management for the season!
- All I want for Christmas ...
- Try Kwanzaa instead of Christmas
- Party dresses for the season
- I love a screamer